Adding games to your GOG Library using the key from fanatical.com
GOG game keys are redeemed as follows:
- Browse to https://www.gog.com/redeem.
- Hover your mouse over the "SIGN IN" menu to show options:
If you already have a GOG account, click the "SIGN IN" button, if you don't yet have a GOG account click the "CREATE ACCOUNT" button.
- Sign into, or create, your GOG account.
- Back at https://www.gog.com/redeem, enter the key you received through your fanatical.com order (we recommend you copy and paste the key, to avoid errors).
Then click the green "Continue" button.
- GOG will confirm the name of the game you're redeeming.
Presuming this is correct, click the green "Continue" button to move on.
- GOG will now confirm the price (which will be "FREE") and require you to click the "PAY FOR YOUR ORDER NOW" button.
So long as you see the product is "FREE", just click the "PAY" button to complete the process without any further cost.
Downloading, Installing and Playing your game
GOG recommends that you use their GOG Galaxy client to maintain your GOG Library of games and to download and install those games from your GOG Library.
If you don't already have GOG Galaxy installed onto your Windows PC or Mac, visit the link to download the installer:
At the time of writing (December 2019) GOG Galaxy supports Windows 7 (with Service Pack 1) or newer and Mac OS X 10.11 or newer.
To download, install and play your GOG games:
- Launch the GOG Galaxy client
- Sign into your GOG account
- Click the "Library" tab in GOG Galaxy.
- Click on the game you wish to install - you'll be taken to that game's page.
- Click on INSTALL to proceed.
You will be presented with a new window, where you can read the licence agreement and, depending on the game, change:
- Game language
- Installation directory
- Shortcut creation
- Auto-update options
- Click on CONTINUE to start the installation.
- The game will be added to the side-bar on the left side of the Galaxy window.
The installation progress bar will be displayed beneath the game title.
Once it’s finished, you can click on PLAY to start the game.
GOG Provide their own Help Centre via: