This guide is only if you have purchased a Nintendo Switch code from Fanatical.com
- If you don't already have a Nintendo account you can create one at https://accounts.nintendo.com.
- If you are using a Nintendo 3DS you must link your Nintendo Network ID [NNID] to your Nintendo Account - link your NNID while logged into your your Nintendo Account via "User Information Linked Accounts". For more information, please refer to this Nintendo article.
Nintendo download codes for Switch and 3DS can be redeemed online or via the device's "Nintendo eShop" - both methods are described below:
Redemption Online (recommended)
- Visit https://ec.nintendo.com/redeem.
Log in using the Nintendo Account that is linked with your Nintendo Network ID.Important: If you are already signed in, check the user name in the top-right corner to confirm you are signed in with the correct Nintendo Account.
Enter your 16-digit code, click on ‘NEXT’, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- That's it - when you next sign into this Nintendo account on your 3DS/Switch the new game will be available for download.
Redemption via Nintendo eShop on the Switch or 3DS
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the HOME Menu to launch Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select “Redeem Code” on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code.
- Select any variant of the game content that might be offered then select “Confirm”.
- The software will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.
The software icon will appear on the HOME Menu, with a download status bar - the status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.