Your ebook or comic purchases are listed in your order history page - select an order to see the item and the file formats available - they could in an any combination of CBZ, EPUB, PDF or MOBI/PRC, for example:
Sometimes your ebooks or comics have 'editions'. Click/Tap a file format to see any available editions, then click/tap an edition to download that edition in the selected format:
- We recommend you use the ePub format (when supported by your device/app) as they are typically smaller and therefore download faster. They are specifically formatted for eBook readers.
- Some readers prefer the CBZ format (compressed set of JPG images)
- For the best possible reading experience, use an HD eReader device with full color display.
"Download All" button
The "Download All" button will trigger multiple separate downloads for the comics/ebooks associated with the order:
Select the format:
and then click either the "Download PDF/EPUB/etc now" button to trigger downloads for ALL comics/ebooks in the selected format or the "Download ▼" button to download the associated files in smaller parts:
Note: Some web browsers will block multiple downloads, which is why we provide the "Download ▼" button.
ZIP files on Comic orders download all the editions of an associated comic in a format of your choice compressed into a single ZIP file. These are downloaded via the "ALL" button next to a Comic's name, Editions 1 to 4 of Tank Girl in the example below:
ZIP files on eBook orders provide associated example materials referred to during within the eBooks - such as example programs, the workbook associated files for the ebook in the example below:
If you download directly to your iPad/iPhone you will need to use a ZIP file app to extract the separate the items from the .ZIP and then open the extracted files in the appropriate reader app. We don't recommend downloading the zip file if you are using an iPad/iPhone.
iPad and iPhone
Download your ebook/comic as an ePub file to your iPad/iPhone by tapping the "EPUB" button on your fanatical.com order details page, then choose to open in the item in the "Books" app.
Once the download has completed and has been added to Apple Books, you can open it in the "Books" app to continue when ever you want to read it. No additional download is required.
If you've not got the Apple "Books" app installed you can download it for free from the Apple App Store.
There are many apps to view CBZ files, amongst the most popular are:
Install the app on your iPad/iPhone and then select the app from the list when you tap to download your ebook/comic within the Fanatical.com account area.
From PC or Mac to iPad/iPhone
- Download the comic or ebook file(s) on on your PC or MAC from the fanatical.com order to your usual 'Downloads' folder
- If you download as a ZIP, extract the separate files from the ZIP and use them directly in the following
- Connect your iPad/iPhone to your PC and within iTunes:
- Select the iPad/iPhone on the iTunes toolbar
- Select "File Sharing" in the left column
- Select the Comic reader app
- Drag the comic files from Apple Finder or Windows File Explorer to the app in iTunes.
- When all files have been dragged to the app, click the "Done" button in iTunes to download them to the app on your iPad/iPhone.
Android ePub Format
Download the ebook/comic as an ePub file to your Android device by taping the "EPUB" button on our fanatical.com order details page - if prompted to select an app to use to view the file select "Google Play Books" to add the ebook/comic to your Google Play Books library.
Once the file has been downloaded and added to Google Play Books, you can reopen it in the "Google Play Books" app to continue reading where you left off.
Google Play Books app can't process all ePub files. If you experience problems you could enable the "PDF Uploading" option in the Google Play Books Settings then download and open the PDF version of the eBook instead of the ePub format eBook. Alternatively, try another eBook reader such as ReadEra.
If you download the ebook/comic as a PDF there are many PDF reader applications available in the Google Play store, including the Adobe Reader app.
Android CBZ Format
Download the ebook/comic as an CBZ file to your Android device by taping the "CBZ" button on our fanatical.com order details page - if prompted to select an app to use to view the file you can select "Upload to Google Play Books" to add the ebook/comic to your Google Play Books library.
Alternative CBZ reader apps are available through google Play, including:
Android from PC
If you've already downloaded the ebook/comic to a PC, connect your Android device to your PC and use the File Manager to transfer the file as ePub, CBZ or PDF file to the "Downloads" folder on the Android device then open the file from there in your chosen app.
Desktop or Laptop PC
You can view ePub files downloaded through your web browser on a Windows PC in many apps, including:
- Microsoft Edge web browser for Windows 10
- Adobe Digital Editions
For CBZ files, consider:
Download the ebook/comic as ePub (recommended) or PDF through your web browser.
Depending on the web browser you're using, you will see options to open the file after download or you can use Finder to view the content of your "Downloads" folder.
You can view ePub files on a Mac in many apps, including Apple iBooks (which is pre-installed on later versions of macOS). Another option is Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
Many CBZ readers are available for Mac as well, including:
Similarly, there are many viewers for PDFs - including Adobe Reader for Mac.
Download the ebooks/comics to your PC in ePub format (see above) and then transfer them to your Nook via a USB connection.
Kindle Fire HD or HDX
Download the ebook/comics to your PC in PDF or MOBI/PRC format.
and then transfer the PDF ebook files into the "Documents" folder on your device as described in the following article:
If you've downloaded the eBooks in MOBI/PRC format, email the downloaded eBook files to an email address received on the Kindle.
- Ensure that the email address you send from on the PC is defined as an "Approved Personal Document Email" on the Kindle via "Manage Your Content and Devices":
- From "Preferences" scroll down to "Personal Document Settings".
- Under "Approved Personal Document Email List", check if your email address is listed.
If your email address is not listed:
- Select "Add a new approved e-mail address"
- Enter the desired email address and select Add Address