If you have bought a Rockstar game (for example GTA V or L.A Noire) then you will need to activate this key through the Rockstar Games Website.
Please note: Rockstar keys will NOT activate on Steam
Rockstar keys can be activated either in the Rockstar Launcher or through the Rockstar website - both methods are explained below.
Using the Rockstar Launcher
- If you don't already have the Rockstar Launcher installed, download and install it from https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher.
- Start the Rockstar Launcher and log into your Rockstar Social Club account.
- Click the "R" icon in the upper right corner and click the "Redeem Code" option:
- Enter your Rockstar Social Club key code (from your fanatical.com order) into the form and click the "CHECK" button then continue the activation process:
Using the Rockstar Website
- Go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com
- If you don't already have a Rockstar Social Club account, click 'Join Social Club' and sign up for an account if you do not already have one, it's free!
If you are already a member of the Rockstar Social Club, click 'sign in' to access your account.
- Visit https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/activate
- Ensure that you're logged into Rockstar Social Club as the user that wishes to own the game.
- Find the game you've purchased in the list.
- Hit "Use Rockstar Code" on this page.
- Enter the code that you received from fanatical.com in the box and hit 'Activate'.
- You can then confirm the order and click 'Download for Windows'.
- This will download the setup tool. You can use this to install and play all of your Rockstar games.