Before you activate your game key and enjoy hours of fun, you'll need to create a Steam account and be logged in.
You can either create a Steam account directly on the Steam website or from within the Steam client - either way, it's simple to get set up.
Create an account within the Steam Website
- Click https://store.steampowered.
com/join/ if you want to create an account directly within the Stream website:
- Enter your email address in boxes 1 and 2, the validation characters need to be copied into box 3, and the agreement needs to be ticked in box 4.
- Once you have completed the form, click on box 5 'Continue'.
- Next, you'll need to check your email and click on the link to complete the account creation.
- After creating your Steam account you can login into the Steam client if it's already installed- If you haven't already installed it, read our guide 'How do I install Steam'
- If you haven't activated your game keys already, and need help doing so, please read our 'How do I activate, Download and Play my games in Steam' guide.
Create an account using the Steam Client
Once you have installed the Steam client you can create an account and log in. For advice on download and installing the client the please read 'How do I install Steam'.
- Run the Steam client from your Windows Start Menu then click the "CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT..." button to start the New Steam Account wizard:
- Click the "CREATE NEW ACCOUNT" button:
- If a screen explaining that you shouldn't create multiple Steam accounts appears, click on the "NEXT" button.
- Review the 'Steam Subscriber Agreement', then click the "I AGREE" button:
- Choose a nice account name for yourself and enter it into 'Account Name'. Steam will tell you if the name you enter is already used and ask you to enter a different account name.
Then, choose a good strong password and enter into the 'Password' and 'Retype Password' boxes then click on "NEXT" button:
- Enter your contact email address, Steam will require this to be an email address that isn't already associated with a Steam account - if your email is associated with an existing Steam account you can cancel the new account creation and use "RETRIEVE A LOST ACCOUNT" button on the Steam Login dialog to regain access to the existing account.
After entering your email address, click the "NEXT" button:
- Select a suitable "Secret Question" from the list and enter your answer, then click the "NEXT" button:
- If you want a printed copy of your Steam account information click the "Client here to print this page now" link, then click the "NEXT" button:
- Review the information about how the Steam client is accessed after it is started, then click the "FINISH" button:
After creating your Steam account you can login into the Steam client.
If you haven't already activated your game keys and need help then please read our guide, 'How do I activate, Download and Play my games in Steam.